I have a feeling that this post may end up being extreeeemely boring to anyone who isn’t me. But I’m going to write it anyway, as a sort of self help exercise. So there.
I have been thinking and thinking about what I want to get accomplished in 2013, and the thoughts are so manifold, and big, and muddled up in my head, it is difficult to make any sense of them without writing them down. So I’m going to make a To-do list, and I’m going to let you all see it. That way I’ll be held accountable this year.
- Send that book off to a publisher!!! This is one I have actually made a start on! You may already know that I have been working on a children’s picture book for a long, long time. After a lot of procrastination, and hand wringing, I have finally finished it, written a cover letter and am ready to embark on my long journey to being published.
- Start a newsletter Not satisfied with blathering on about everything and anything on my blog, I have decided to create a newsletter. Why? Well it’s obvious isn’t it? I’m planning to accomplish so much in 2013 that I can’t possibly fit it into my blog. Hence the newsletter.
- Start booking spots on markets and fairs Last year was my first year of taking part in the local markets and fairs. Despite the early morning set ups, exposure to very angry weather, and long hours spent alone on my feet mumbling to myself, I’m going to do it again this year. I’ll be a veteran.
- Get back into teaching Aaahh teaching, how I have missed you. I miss the classroom atmosphere. I miss the playful banter with students. It’s about time I started incorporating some classes into my schedule, and got back to my first love.
- Learn a new Craft Not just any new craft. I’m going to make books. Beautiful handmade books….and then I’m going to draw on them….and then I’m going to sell them.
- Get professional Now I really mean business with this one. From photo shoots and copyrighting, to keeping accounts and setting up a proper work space, it’s time I acted like a grown up, sort of. Although sometimes it’s good not to be too professional. Trust me.
I’ll spare you all my personal goals such as ‘teaching the six year old to swim’; that would go against the grain of item number 5, and make this post far too long.
Told you it would be boring, didn’t I? But you went ahead and read it anyway. Thank you for that. I promise not to do it again.
I found your post enjoyable. Thanks for sharing…. Keep us posted on your progress. 🙂
[…] I brightened up a bit when I realized that I had accomplished Item 1 on my 2013 To-Do List. […]
Nice post thanks foor sharing